Thoughts on World Famous Artists



Artist photos courtesy of Famous101.com


I grew up knowing that art is going to be a significant part of my life. Among the family, I was the one who showed an inclination to art and a great interest to the lives of artists. Learning more about famous artists thrills me, as this list of Famous Artists and Their Works shows the top ten artists that have inspired generations including myself.

First among the list of world famous artists is no other than the great Pablo Picasso. He is known for his cubist style of painting and his controversial life as an artist. Perhaps, it is inherent in artists to have heated love affairs, and Picasso upholds that distinction. Life is never boring for a passionate and talented artist.

Another one on the list is Leonardo da Vinci. His status as one of the greatest artists and inventors who ever lived cannot be overemphasized. No one has ever reached his level of talent and accomplishments in history, and up to this day his works continue to be one of the best highlights in museums. I always wonder what it would be like to be one of his apprentices, if ever I go back in time. How fruitful our conversations would be if ever he lives today. Moreover, how great his achievements would be if he lives today and uses the tools that technology already makes available.

One of the most intriguing artists on the list is Vincent Van Gogh. His colorful life resounds all throughout the years after his death. His paintings now sell for millions in upscale galleries all over the world. The reason for this is perhaps the dramatic artist’s life behind the artworks. His life gives us an important lesson to live by – that no matter how dark and painful one’s life is, there is still a chance for it to grow into something beautiful. Van Gogh may have not been happy most of his life, but he has touched the lives of others through his story and his works.

Another artist I most admire is Salvador Dali. Whenever I look at his paintings, it makes me stare at it for the longest of time trying to decipher the enigmatic stories behind it. It is said that his paintings often depict his dreams and he inspired me to tap into my dreams for art inspiration. He is also one very prolific artist, as he is known to create five paintings every week.

Other world famous artists that inspire me include Claude Monet, Pierre Auguste Renoir and Henry Matisse. I’m dying to go to Europe just to see the works of these artists in museums and be taken into a sightseeing journey to masterful creations. Italian artists such as Caravaggio and Raphael also makes me want to go to Italy myself and get a full immersion to how beautiful the work of their hands are.

Last but not the least on the list is Andy Warhol, a famous American artist that created a great shift in the art movement during the turn of the century. His achievements inspire me to create my own movement as well, no matter how big or small it is. There are so many instances that other artists copy his style, which just shows how influential he is.

 The lives and works of these world famous artists teach us that art is not just about paintings, but it is a lifestyle to live up to and a legacy to leave to the world. I also wonder if I'll ever come to a certain point wherein I'll achieve the same status as they do, or will I be my own great artist in my own right. It’s never too late to create art and touch the lives of others through it. 
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment